Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Belated Birthday Visit

Here's a picture of my brother and me, made by his daughter, on his visit to celebrate the birthday I had last month. He was delayed in making the trip because of surgery to remove a small carcinoma from his right ear. Arrived with it still bandaged, reminding us all of Van Gogh's self-portrait, but the visit was most enjoyable, all the same. We went out to see our older sister in the nursing home where she's a resident. It was a late birthday visit to her, too, since her birthday falls two days after mine.


Roland brought me this canvas tote bag, as a belated birthday gift -- I like it a lot, for both its musical and its nature themes, including the French horn, the violin, the flowers, and the butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive