Sunday, December 30, 2012

Temporary Winter Wonderland

Yesterday evening brought Nashville a beautiful series of wet snow showers. We drove through Percy Warner Park on the way home from visiting my older sister in Bellevue, where the snowfall was so lovely to look at through the picture window in her room. I didn't have my camera with me, and today all that snow has been blown away by the gusty winds overnight. But I made a picture of a similarly beautiful scene on Christmas Day 2010, taken on that same park road. The snowfall back then was somewhat heavier and took a little longer to melt than the one yesterday, as demonstrated by the view of my back yard that I captured early Christmas morning, 2010. Our Christmas Day 2012 turned out to be merely cold and rainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive