Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas on My Freezer Top

Here is the scene on the top of my freezer, with pictures of family amidst some seasonal trinkets.
My sister Sue and I are sharing our lives via e-mail, once again, this Christmas season. It is a bittersweet time for her, because her husband of nearly 60 years died shortly after Thanksgiving, following a month-long illness. But she is keeping busy, with so much to do connected with settling his estate and managing the household, including the daily activities she shares with their son, who lives with her.
Above is a close-up of the little snow globe in the center of the collection. It was a gift to me from Sue one Christmas long ago. The music box inside still works, and plays "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow," upon being carefully wound up. In the view of the entire top of the freezer above, to the right of the portrait of Sue and Bob in happier days, a "Raggedy Ann" figurine holds a sign pointing to the North Pole. But that's highly inaccurate. On my Christmasy freezer's top the orientation of the sign is almost directly due south.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive