Friday, January 15, 2010

Hibiscus Toxins

The beautiful hibiscus plant, photographs of which I posted here earlier, is unfortunately toxic to cats. My own two pets were paying entirely too much attention to its leaves for their own good, and so I did a search on-line and learned that ingesting any part of this plant can result in renal failure for a feline.

With temperatures now above freezing for awhile, it's a good time to give this potted plant a new habitat with my sister in the nursing home, where no cats are about to nibble its foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive